Congratulations to Bethany Jordan for winning this week’s Recipe Contest! Bethany won $10 in store credit to our Farm Store in Oak Cliff and her recipe will compete against the other February winners for Recipe-of-the-Month (prize: $50 credit). Thank you to everyone that submitted their recipes. We’ll announce the February winner next week. This is an ongoing contest so keep submitting recipes. We’re now going to a monthly format and will be picking a winner for March on March 9th! You can submit an appetizer, main dish or dessert so get started! Click here for contest details.
Using some of her Red Swiss Chard, Onion, and Garlic from last weekend’s bin, Bethany adapted a recipe from Epicurious and made Red Swiss Chard Cannelloni. Think of it as a fun take on Spinach Cannellonis.
Red Swiss Chard Cannelloni
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Urban Acres Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Urban Acres Garlic, chopped
- 8 large leaves of Urban Acres Red Swiss Chard, remove stem and finely chop
- 25-ounce Ricotta Cheese
- 2.5 cups grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cups Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 12 Cannelloni Noodles or Lasagna Noodles
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chard; toss until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer mixture to large bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix in ricotta cheese, 2 cups of Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and salt/pepper.
- Spread 3/4 cup sauce over bottom of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Stuff cannelloni noodle with filling or roll filling into lasagna noodle and atttach with toothpick. Place seamside down. Repeat filling remaining noodles and arrange in dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over cannelloni and cover dish loosely with foil.
- Bake cannelloni until heated through, about 45 minutes. Let stand uncovered 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Parmesan.
Looks delicious Bethany! Thanks for the great recipe.