It’s day 1 of Get Healthy Co-op Style! Today’s topic is learning how to unleash the super powers in your produce share…
Please follow along, join us, blog, tweet and Facebook about it and be sure to use hashtag #GetHealthyCoopStyle.
* * *
Unleash These Health-Promoting Super Powers in Your Share
by Kim Wilson, Health Coach
Did you know that your Urban Acres share contains health promoting super powers? That’s right! Organic fruits and veggies have the ability to increase your energy, banish the bloat, make your skin glow, clear your sinuses, regulate your bowels and prevent disease! Take that Superman!
The key to unleashing these health promoting super powers is to increase your consumption of dark leafy greens! You might be surprised to learn that…
- Kale has more iron than beef, more calcium than milk and more Vitamin C than spinach! As an anti-inflammatory, low calorie, vitamin rich food, kale should definitely become your bestie in 2013.
- Calorie for calorie, broccoli has almost double the protein than a steak! Broccoli has 11.1 grams of protein per 100 calories while steak has 6.4 grams of protein per 100 calories.
- Celery juice is the perfect cure for a hangover! Celery is not only rich in sodium and potassium (ideal for rehydrating the body), but is also an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C and dense in folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, and essential amino acids. Juicing your celery delivers these nutrients directly to your cells.
- Mustard greens can give you super hero eye health! Packed with high levels of Vitamin A, mustard greens can strengthen your eyes and prevent macular degeneration.
- Swiss chard is loaded with biotin, which can give you amazing hair! Biotin is known to prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
Dark leafy greens are the #1 food missing on American’s plates. Your UA share gives you an opportunity to incorporate more of these super foods into your daily diet to achieve super hero health & strength!
* * *
Kim Wilson Pollock is a Certified Holistic Health & Wellness Consultant dedicated to helping busy individuals live a healthier lifestyle. She received her certification through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Kim’s life changed in 2006 when her mother was diagnosed with stage four ovarian cancer. Her mom decided to fight her cancer through nutrition by changing her diet and eating real foods, juicing green vegetables and creating delicious green smoothies and Kim was quick to join her mom in this new lifestyle!
Kim now provides her clients with information on how to lead a life filled with joy and happiness by decreasing stress and adding new and exciting foods to their daily routines. The advice she gives is positive and motivating! Kim’s mom inspired her to change her lifestyle and she hopes to do the same for her clients!