Finish off your Independence Day weekend celebrating the men and women who helped make it possible, our veterans! This Sunday, July 6th, we’ll be hosting an event at the Farmstead benefiting two organizations that empower our warriors back into society through sustainable agriculture – Eat the Yard and Warriors that Farm. This event will allow you to fill your stomach with some delicious eats and go home with some treats, while celebrating and supporting our brave countrymen and local farmers.
What to expect (besides a good time!):
Explore Your Green Thumb
- Organic transplants and seedlings provided by Eat the Yard and Urban Acres
- Victory Seeds offers rare, open-pollinated, non-GMO, non-hybrid, heirloom organic seeds to home gardeners. All seeds are harvested locally by Eat the Yard.
- 1st prize: chicken coop installed in your backyard (Urban Chicken Ranching)
- 2nd prize: raised garden bed installed in your back yard (Eat the Yard)
- 3rd prize: Compost Tumbler (Eat the Yard)
- Beef Brisket Sandwiches from Falster Farms, a nonprofit “Healing the Man by Healing the Land.” Find out more about this incredible organization empowering our veterans and future farmers.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce from UA chef Kent using local tomatoes.
- We’ll also have our Homemade Artisan Pizza & Ice Cream that we have every Sunday. Special chefs Steven (UA founder) and Joe (our CEO) will be jumping in the kitchen to help out!
Proceeds from seeds, plants, and raffle tickets will benefit Eat the Yard, a veteran owned and operated urban farming business right here in Oak Cliff! Find out more about them on their Facebook page or website.