Whoa! Local figs from Gundermann Acres are back (both in the produce shares and for sale at the Farmstead), and our Facebook and Instagram are blowin’ up with ideas on how you’re enjoying your local, organic figs. We thought we’d share them all here so you can get some great ideas and inspiration…
From our Facebook page…
- Ellen G: Ate them fresh over the weekend. I made the fig tart on the Urban acres website today! Tomorrow in a salad. We got two baskets!
- Karrie S: I’m raw vegan.. just gonna eat them plain.. I love them!
- Dena J: They are incredible and we are just eating them plain. What a treat!
- Carol K: Love figs, we just ate them. Like them just the way they are.
- Chris C: Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Fresh Figs Recipe | Epicurious.com
- Sherlie B: Wrapped with prosciutto, fresh basil, and goat cheese inside, drizzle with balsamic glaze and EVOO.
- Animal Rights & Rescue of North Texas: Gone the first day.
- Sherri M: Planning on grilling ours to serve with steak at my daughter’s suggestion (a dish she had at Uchi in Austin)
- Kathy T: Loved them in our share. Just ate them fresh & they didn’t last long! Hope we get more!
- Laura D: Fig Frangipane Tart
- Mary M: I was lucky enough to get some in my share last week and we loved them!!
- Parigi Restaurant: We did them like this…y.u.m.
From our Instagram…
- christinaisblue: I made jam with them! Can’t wait to put it in my coconut yogurt. I found an easy recipe here.
- bmkphotog: Fig Swirl Ice Cream.
- tracy1314: Roast pork with fig sauce!
- mamasimpson: I made a fig tart with honey yogurt sauce.
- bananarama427: Goat cheese, fig and pancetta pizza!
- raquel81: i was wondering what to do with mine. i cannot wait to eat them!
* * *