We’re officially in love with the fall produce that’s beginning to come in. In the next few weeks, the co-op style produce shares will have LOCAL butternut squash, red potatoes, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, beets and several other exciting items! Stay tuned. In the meantime, please indulge us while we swoon over a few of our favorites…
1) Butternut Squash.
Every drop of sweat that goes into peeling, seeding, and chopping a butternut squash is worth it in our book. This is simply a delicious, buttery, versatile fall vegetable with tons of great recipe ideas. Check this post and our Pinterest board for a few of our favorite butternut squash recipes.
2) Honeycrisp Apples.
BEST.APPLE.EVER. Enough said.
3) Sweet Potatoes.
Sweet potato chips…sweet potato fries…sweet potato hash…baked sweet potatoes…sweet potato soup…sweet potato chili…sweet potato brownies…we’re starting to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump. You get the idea. Get recipes on our Pinterest board or try one of these…
- Shredded Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter and Sage
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pecan Brownies
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips
- The Sweet Potato Trip: baked, fries, hash
We’re on a mission to make every UA member a beet believer. Don’t throw the greens away, either – you can eat them too! There are lots of beet recipes on our Pinterest board, here on TheKitchn.com, or below…
- Roasted Beets and Sautéed Beet Greens
- Beet “Hummus”
- “Almost Mom’s” Beet Soup from Urban Acres member, Lygia Waters
- Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad
- Chocolate Beet Muffins
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Beet Salad
- Substitute beets for the turnips in this recipe and roast them with potatoe