This soup would be a great addition to an Easter brunch or dinner menu – thanks to the most recent issue of Country Living! You could also add chopped apples when you cook the carrots for extra sweetness. Yum!
Carrot and Cilantro Soup
Yields: 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: 15 min
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bunches (about 1 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and coriander. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until onion is softened but not browned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrots. Cook, covered, until softened, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pot, bring stock to a boil. Add onion-carrot mixture and bring back up to a boil. Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend (in batches, if needed) until smooth. Season with sea salt.
- To serve, return soup to pot, stir in chopped cilantro, and reheat on low. Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with cilantro.