Sweet Dumpling Squash can be baked and enjoyed just on its own, pureed and made into soup, or (in this recipe) stuffed with yummy goodness. There really are no wrong ingredients to stuff into a squash. This recipe will also work for many other winter squashes such as acorn, delicata, and butternut squash.
This “formula” is a good guide to how to stuff a squash.
- 1 cup grain such as rice, quinoa, etc
- 1/2 cup meat/other protein
- 1 cup veggies
- 1-3 tsp spices/herbs
- Bake the squash before stuffing it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, cut the squash into halves, de-seed it, and place it (cut side) down in a baking dish. Add 1/8 inch of water, cover with foil and bake 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is baking, prepare and cook your stuffing of grain/meat or protein/veggies/spices.
- Cut the squash halves in half and fill each quarter with the stuffing. Serve each squash quarter on a bed of the grain of your choice. Enjoy!